Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have ge profile range js905tk1ww. had f7 error. changed erc.

Customer Question

have ge profile range js905tk1ww. had f7 error. changed erc. still oven does not work. time clock only thing that lights up.no error message. could it be the touch pad?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. So F7 means that your touch control panel is shorted. If you're sure the ribbon cable is securely plugged into the display board then disconnect the ribbon cable and use a pencil eraser to clean the end of the ribbon cable. Re-connect the ribbon cable to the display board and re-apply power to the range. If you still get the error then I'm sorry to say you need to replace the touchpad.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.