Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My refrig. model GSH25JFTWW started leaking I have traced it

Customer Question

My refrig. model GSH25JFTWW started leaking I have traced it to a tube that connects to I think are solenoids at the left bottom of the refrig. There is a crack in the tubing/hose right above the nut that compresses the tubing/hose in the fitting. The compression fitting is molded to the tube/hose. Is there a repair kit for this?
I have shut off the water but it continues to drip from the hose.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

There is no repair kit for it you would just need to get a new piece of tubing and a quick connector. Cut the tubing back a bit and connect a new piece with a quick coupler. You can get the tubing and a quick connector at Home Depot to repair it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!