Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 99' Carrier Transcold Pheonix Ultra XL

Customer Question

I have a 99' Carrier Transcold Pheonix Ultra XL Refrigeration unit that keeps blowing the F4 15amp Fuse. It controls the Speed Solenoid. I've looked for bad wiring and simple issues that can cause this. But before I get into tearing things apart, I would like an experts opinion to what might be causing this. Perhaps point me in the right direction to finding th problem. Would the solenoid have anything to do with it?(solenoid internal shorting out) I'm mechanically inclined so I'd like to try and solve the issue myself before taking it in and spending big money on labor costs. Thanks in advance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I am not sure what model you have an have no first hand experience with these but wanted to offer what I was able to locate. If you can locate a model number I may be able to locate the exact manual if the one I sent is not the correct one.

CLICK HERE