Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a refrigerator Kenmore model 25360722003 no freezer.

Customer Question

I have a refrigerator Kenmore model***********no freezer. It was not cooling so we change the cold control and now it's freezing. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You say now it is freezing or not or do you mean the refrigerator is freezing now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It started not cooling at all, so I changed the cold control then started freezing. Thinking that the cold control was defective I changed it again but it is still freezing. This is a very simple fridge no freezer at all
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is 8 degrees inside

Ok did you get the correct control and if so do you have the sensor probe routed correctly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Then Sears suggested to change the defrost timer and I did. The fridge still freezes up all
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the probe of the sensor is the tip of the cold control right??
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I order the control by the model number, and everything seems right
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My model number is ***** 60722003 and the control is(###) ###-####

OK are you sure the temp probe is routed properly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Does the sensor tube route through a channel?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think so. I have a friend who did it, and has some knowledge of repairing refrigerators. He checked everything and he said it is well install
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if the control and timer are good why is freezing

I am saying 99.9% the sensor probe on the new control installed is not in the correct location, if it is not it will freeze like that.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But he put 2, and both are doing the same freezing

Yes that is why I am saying the probe is not in correctly, this is critical