Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I am a commercial restraunant repair tech and owner of

Customer Question

i am a commercial restraunant repair tech and owner of company--i have a customer that wants to repair his under counter kitchen aid icemachine kuic18nnxs1---i have allready replaced the water pump and water level sensor that was broke--the problem that iam having now is it lets a small amount of water and goes into freeze cycle--it does not let enough water in to pump water the stream of water that comes out is not strong --is the problem in board r water inlet valve
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you replaced the pump and the water level sensor and the water pressure coming into the unit is low then the it will be the water inlet valve on the unit as the board has nothing to do with the pressure of the water entering the unit and since the unit fills until either the sensor is satisfied or the max time limit is reached, the inlet valve is not putting in enough water in the timed allowed.

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

also I have the full manufacturer service manual that includes that model and a few more if you want it I will offer it as a premium service. If you accept the request I will give you the download link for the manual, thanks.