Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

When I set my mytag MD87749AWW2 and press start. Nothing

Customer Question

When I set my mytag MD87749AWW2 and press start. Nothing happens and after about a minute all it turns off. Is there a series of buttons to push to reset? I turned off power for more than 5 minutes but didn't fix it.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Maytag. Model MD87749AWW2. No, it has not happened before. It is about 3-4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. If your dishwasher shuts off after 1 minute when you try to start it, that means that your dishwasher doesn't think you pressed the start button. This is not something you can just reset. The start button on these touchpads fail all the time and unfortunately the entire touch control panel will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.