Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kenmore Quiet pak 9 & I can't get the door to

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Quiet pak 9 & I can't get the door to close. It seems as though the lock is on. However there no laundry being done. How do I fix this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Kenmore elite washer quiet pak 9.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was thinking about it. If it's an easy fix.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really. I loaded the washer & went to close the door & it bounced back.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

The latch may be tripped or broken. You would have to either manually use the latch release then untrip the inside part of the latch with a hook tool or if the latch hook is broken then you would need to replace the latch. If you can remove the top of the unit and then reach down to the latch assembly and pull the latch release down on the unit the door hook will release but you will still have to use a tool to pull the hook inside the door latch towards you to retrip it to the home position.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!