Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a SHV66A03UC/14 Bosch Dishwasher. We're having 2

Customer Question

We have a SHV66A03UC/14 Bosch Dishwasher. We're having 2 problems with it. I don't know if they are related, but they probably are since they occurred at the same time. One is that when you push the on button it starts right away, whereas it used to start only after you closed the door. The other problem is that it makes a noise which sounds like its coming from the pump. The noise is kind of a palpitating sound that seems like its trying to pump water but doesn't quite engage. Also the spinner doesn't spin and no water is coming out of it. What do you think?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. First, both issues do appear to be related. Unfortunately your dishwasher is stuck in "flood mode". That impeller that is turning is actually the drain pump continuously running. What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.