Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a 3 year old whirlpool duet washerWFW96HEAWO. It had

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old whirlpool duet washerWFW96HEAWO. It had been working fine until this morning when I did the Affresh clean cycle. It leaked under the bottom during some part of the cycle. Not a tremendous amount but enough to see dripping onto floor. Seemed like it happened during the extreme sloshing part.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 months ago.

Hello Mary Ann, my name is George,

Can you tell me if the water was coming from underneath or from down the front of the appliance.. also, was the leak on the left, center, or right of the appliance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Underneath more to the left. It is on a raised platform (built-in) with a half inch gap under lowest part of washer

Thank you Mary Ann,

Regarding the Affresh that you placed into the appliance for the cleaning cycle; was it in liquid, powder, or tablet form, and was it placed into the tub or the detergent dispenser?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tablet form of Affresh
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Placed in tub

Ok, .. Now I need to know if this is possible for you to find out; how far under the appliance does the water leak extend to?

If it is possible, post an image for me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't really tell, the washer is bordered by back wall, narrow side wall and dryer. It did not seem to increase leak ( or shallow pool)when it did the final rinse spin. I watched the leak. I almost feel like doing a small regular load to see if it happens

Well since that was to be one of my requests, so that I can get a better picture of the leak area and possible source, I can't disagree with you doing that.

If you are going to, place some paper under the area of the leak and slide it under the appliance.. If the leak is further back, it will show on the paper when it is removed... Also, have a camera handy, to take a few pictures.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, with this series of questions, it seemed obvious I would not be able to fix the machine myself. While I am sure you are great at what you do, I did not get my problem solved. I believe I need the physical presence of a technician to diagnose and fix my washer.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

This could be a small leak from the front door on the unit. I would wipe down the door glass and tub boot well then try it again and see if anything leaks. It may have been just due to the Afresh pack since the suds a lot.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!