Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a magnetic lid switch on a top load ge washer I, don't

Customer Question

have a magnetic lid switch on a top load ge washer I
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: don't know the exact model but would like to figure out why it's not draining
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is non responsive to cycle changing and won't rinse or do anything for that matter it just stopped mid wash cycle, I think it might be the magnetic lid switch
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Yes the lid switch could be bad, but they generally do not go bad. Normally the issue for that is the fuse link in the wire harness. If you can get me the model I can help you test it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!