Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung refrigerator model number RF26HFENDSR/AA.

Customer Question

I have a Samsung refrigerator model number RF26HFENDSR/AA. The refrigerator temperature light blinks continuously. The refrigerator is not cooling properly. The fan in the upper part of the refrigerator was making a noise. I saw through a couple of slots on the back wall that there was frost build up. I had the temp set at 37 degrees. I turned it up to 40 and after a while the fan noise stopped. The ice is still visible. I set the temp back at 37 degrees and the temp light continues to blink. What should I do? I cannot find the manual. Also the filter light is on and I do not know where the filter is nor how to change it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

The best thing you could do now is manually defrost the unit, take the stuff out put it in coolers and defrost it for a couple hours and then turn it back on, it should work fine. If that problem comes back in a week or so you may need a tech to check the defrost circuit out on the unit to see why it is not defrosting.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!