John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a model krff507ebl00 refrigerator the bottom vent in

Customer Question

I have a model krff507ebl00 refrigerator the bottom vent in the back of the refrigerator behind the bottom drawer keeps freezing up and we have to defrost it every two weeks
Any suggestions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Do you mean water is freezing and pooling in the freezer bottom?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No the vent from the freezer to the refrigerator section freezes up every two weeks. It's behind the bottom of the top section behind the lunch meat drawer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think the evaporator is freezing up once it does the top refrigerator section doesn't get cold

Ok that is a defrost issue can you check the heater and the defrost thermostat on the evaporator for continuity?