Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have SMH9151 microwave and getting 5-E on display. Unplug

Customer Question

Have SMH9151 microwave and getting 5-E on display. Unplug and works once, then goes
back to same message.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your microwave today. Unfortunately this is not an error you can just reset. The error 5E means that your touch control panel has shorted, usually from steam from below the microwave or a power surge. Either way the touch control panel will need to be replaced to resolve the issue. You'll need the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way of the microwave because the model you have listed is missing a few letters on the end which you need to know what part number is *****

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?