Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool Washer WFW72HEDWO What is the code procedure to

Customer Question

Whirlpool Washer WFW72HEDWO What is the code procedure to unlock and restart washer after it locks because water was not on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. The issue is that your washer is in flood mode. The washer will lock the door and keep draining when it goes into flood mode. You must leave the washer plugged in and let it keep draining for 15-30 minutes. The washer will then stop draining, unlock the door, and you can use the washer like normal again.

Now the reason the washer goes into flood mode is because the washer is taking longer than 6 minutes to fill up for some reason. Make sure you have good water pressure from both hot and cold water supply lines coming from your house to your washer. Then clean the screens on the back of your washer that the water supply hoses connect to on the washer receptacles. If the issue comes back still, replace the electronic water valve on the back of your washer because it's apparently restricting the water flow and it's coming filling fast enough.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. Just paid a tech to rest washer. He said there was a code procedure to rest. He said if you didn't unplug it would have just kept running the pump.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Not true, just let it run for 15-30 minutes and it'll reset on it's own. It's all part of the flood logic built into the board.