Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

For the last few months my wall oven has been taking a time

Customer Question

For the last few months my wall oven has been taking a long time to ignite and pre-heat to set temp. Now it does not seem to light at all. I think it may be a sensor or thermostat, but not sure. We live at lest 100 miles from an appliance repair and wondered if there was anything we can do ourselves before call a service tech.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 6 months ago.

Hello this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Is this a gas range? Can you supply the model number please so I can see what style you have?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is propane wall oven. I do not have model # with me. I do not have internet at home.

Okay. When you turn on the oven have you noticed a glow under the bottom of the oven inside? That will tell be it is the glow style igniter.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not know. Usually when I turn it on, it will show a temp of 105 or so, then I can hear it ignite. Have not heard it igniting.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has an electric start, if that helps.

I won't be 100% sure until I get the model number but if it is the glow style igniter model and the gas supply is good it is 99 out of 100 times the igniter. It will glow but not draw enough amperage to open the gas valve. Let me know the model number when possible.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay. will get back to you.

Thanks.