Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kenmore gas range model7434 i have smoke coming out the

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** my kenmore gas range model(###) ###-####7434 i have smoke coming out the vents on top filling my kitchen with smoke tried self clea had same reaction
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

That vent at the bottom of the control panel is just a temperature evening vent. It allows hot air from the top of the oven to exit so that the top of the oven doesn't stay hotter than the bottom of the oven all the time. Now if you're getting smoke out this vent, it means it's time to run a self clean because too much debris has built up in the vent or inside the oven. Just run a self clean cycle and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?