Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have smoke coming out of my kenmore ove through the vents

Customer Question

i have smoke coming out of my kenmore ove through the vents on the bottom of the board
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years old #790.7433,7434
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thats it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

That vent at the bottom of the control panel is just a temperature evening vent. It allows hot air from the top of the oven to exit so that the top of the oven doesn't stay hotter than the bottom of the oven all the time. Now if you're getting smoke out this vent, it means it's time to run a self clean because too much debris has built up in the vent or inside the oven. Just run a self clean cycle and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?