John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I bought a GE ADEL50 dehumidfier (the 2nd one I own)...the

Customer Question

I bought a GE ADEL50 dehumidfier (the 2nd one I own)...the 1st one wouldn't drain via the hose I attached....couldn't find anything wrong..even bought a new hose to be sure it wasn't clogged....eventually it started working, but I don't know what caused it to start going into the hose instead of the bucket.
I bought another one for a rental property yesterday....bought a new clothes washing machine drain hose for it - installed it per the instruction manual.....nothing comes out of the hose, but water drips aggressively from the opposite side into the bucket which fills up & then shuts the unit down when I want it to run continuously. Is there something that restricts water to the bucket or is something clogged that lets water bypass the hose & alternatively goes to the bucket? Your "Troubleshooting Tips" does not offer any assistance....surely you must have numerous complaints regarding this issue?? Please advise what is going on with a brand new unit.....,hasn't had any time for anything to plug up the path to the drain hose.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the make and model of the new one you bought?