Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Maytag Neptune dryer stuck, turns minimally by hand very

Customer Question

maytag Neptune dryer stuck
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: turns minimally by hand very difficult
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping it is easy.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i have a call in to a tech for tomorrow
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Do you have the model number off the unit and can you take it apart and do you have tools?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
about 10 years?
I can look for the model number
not planning on using many tools

OK you may have a bad roller or binding idler or possibly a bad motor. This video although not the best will at least get you into the unit to check the rollers, belt, idler and motor pulley for anything seized up. You have to take it apart to see what is binding.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is really not worth 28, sorry.
I can look up videos. you did not even ask about my problem. When I looked further the diagnosis is clearly the motor or capacitor, and I should stick with the technician.
Thanks, anyway