Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My refrigerator is" moaning" inconsistently, rather loudly ;

Customer Question

my refrigerator is " moaning " inconsistently , rather loudly ; when I open the freezer door, it stops until door closed again - is it the condenser ? which hasn't been cleaned, I confess !
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

This morning is actually the icemaker. When you open the freezer door is cuts power to the icemaker but if you hold the light switch in you'd see the noise is coming from the icemaker itself. Try to thaw out the icemaker with a hair dryer in case ice is jamming up the icemaker. If the noise continues, you'll need to replace the icemaker.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.