Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a cabrio top loader that had error code f51. i

Customer Question

i have a cabrio top loader that had error code f51. i removed the inner basket to get the sock and coins from the bottom of the outer tub. my problem now is how to get the inner basket fully down the shaft so i can finish putting it back together.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. The inner basket should just slide up and down on the shaft with no trouble whatsoever. If you have corrosion on your shaft (which is common on these Cabrio washers), you'll need to sand the shaft down so that the basket just slides up and down on the shaft effortlessly. If the corrosion is too bad, the main bearing and seal which comes with the center shaft would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.