Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

I have a Norcold n811 fridge in my RV probably 12 yrs old

Customer Question

I have a Norcold n811 fridge in my RV probably 12 yrs old but the elements on the back were replaced professionally two years ago. Now I have two issues. When elec goes off it switches to gas but won't switch back. So I leave gas off. Now it appears to be timing out on cooling as I get 5 flashes. I can reset the board and check to be sure stack isn't plugged or dirt dobbers. Also check the fuse. Any other suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** 5 flashes indicate that there is no cooling taking place and the pcb is shutting down the system accordingly. Does the system work on gas OK?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I haven't tried on gas but plan to be up there in two weeks and will check then and can let you know. Are there any other tests I should run. I was busy all weekend so I didn't open up the outside but I sometimes have problems with dirt daubers. What else should I check when I'm up there? Thanks.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

If you can send you email address to - [email protected] - I will send you the serice manual covering your model which includes flow charts to fault find - Ian

Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Tom, You have mail - Ian