Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a bottom freezer Samsung Refrigerator. The "Cool

Customer Question

I have a bottom freezer Samsung Refrigerator. The "Cool select pantry"below the 2 crisper drawers freezes shut. We have cleared water and ice below it once by removing the tray. What could be causing this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is probably 1 year old and we can't find the paperwork, so the only thing we have is a serial number.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I am aware of...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I suspect the defrost drain is frozen shut and allowing the defrost water to run into the bottom of the refrigerator and subsequently freeze.

• May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Kelly,
I cant find the paperwork so I don't have a model number.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Unplug the refrigerator and leave the doors open for 24 hours and it should thaw and restore proper drainage.