John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

About 6 months ago I bought a generic water filter to

Customer Question

About 6 months ago I bought a generic water filter to replace the one in my refrigerator. It's a kitchen aid mod # KS426C4XYY03.
It went into the slot just fine and has worked well, but... the other day I lifted up the little plastic lid to replace it and it didn't budge.
Now the little plastic lid won't close completely and it won't open completely as it usually does to extract the filter.
I can't get a hold of the filter to try to pull it out and I don't want to force the lid up as it feels like it will break.
I really goofed by buying the generic filter. Never again!
Do you think there's a way to get the filter out without damaging anything??
I could send you a photo if that would help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

What happens if you push the filter in with your hand, not using the door? Could it be frozen and not able to be moved because of that?