Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We have a model MFL62184416 fridge. I just went to get ice

Customer Question

We have a model MFL62184416 fridge. I just went to get ice out of the ice maker and when i did the water turned on and would not turn off. I Pushed the water and ice dispenser to see if something was stuck and it kept pouring out. So opened the door for the fail safe and the water stopped, i closed the door back and the water started again. Opened the door again and this time unplugged the system and waited a 10 seconds and plugged back in and closed the door. Great, the water stopped, however, once i tried to get ice or water again, the water would turn on and not stop again. I am not sure if a switch is bad or what?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That is a common issue you need to replace the main board behind the unit, pull the unit out ...go behind it and you will see a small square cover that covers the control on the unit. You need to replace that control. Order it with the complete model number from SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What would be the model number of the board that needs to be replaced so i know which one to order?

You need the complete model off the tag on the unit to get the right one the one you had listed is not right, get it to me and I can get you a link to the part

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
LFX31925ST-02, sorry got this off the sticker in the fridge. The other one was the P/No on the front of the manual.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this the part: Refrigerator Electronic Control Board Part #: EBR73093609
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You still there?

Yes checking one sec

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks you guys charged me the extra dollars, but never got back to me when you said that you would be right back in a second. Thanks!

Did you not see my link?