Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Samsung 267abrs refrigerator with a broken ice

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 267abrs refrigerator with a broken ice maker. The temperature in the freezer and refrigerator is cold, but the inside the icemaker is close to 60 degrees. Have replaced all parts that are suggested for possible icemaker problems. Think it is a temp issue.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: around 6 years old model abrs267/xaa
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: technician was no help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• The temperature has to be at least 15* F or colder for the ice maker to function. If the ice maker section is not that cold, that is indeed an issue. It is most likely due to an air baffle that is not opening. Can you please double check that model number?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
samsung RF267abrs/xaa is the exact model. I think it has to do with how the air gets from the freezer to the icemaker (gets to the fridge just fine), but I can't find any documentation on how the air is transferred. Any knowledge you have on the passage and possible obstacles would be great.Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

See the attached page. There is a damper and fan behind the auger assembly once it is removed. Is that fan blowing and the damper intact upon inspection?