Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

I have Maytag Centennial Washer. The clothes are locked in.

Customer Question

I have Maytag Centennial Washer. The clothes are locked in. Lid Lock and Sensing Lights are on and not flashing. Cannot go thru the sequence to get any codes. Cannot reset by pushing start button, cannot reset by unplugging.
What could be the problem. My husband has worked on this before but this time we cannot do the codes. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 months ago.

hello, if you are not getting the lid to open after unplugging and resetting ,first thing to check would be to tilt machine back and get to the drain pump ..bleed off water from hose till you can empty the machine of all water ,,the remove the drain pump or drain pump wiring and check for blockages inside the pump or a broken wire ,if the pressure switches senses water it wont unlock ..i suspect something with your drain pump and probably water in the tub so it wont open ,ive seen a broken wire to drain pump or something in the drain pump not allowing it to drain or start

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, I will have my husband to try this. It will probably be in the morning before he will be able to try this.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 months ago.

no problem ,let me know if any problems ,thx randy

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry we had a death in the family. FUNER4IS tomorrow hoping to get a chance tomorrow evening to try and check the tips you gave us. I will get back with you. Thanks and I apologize for the delay on my end.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 months ago.

ok , no problem