Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The air down draft fan of my KitchenAid KECD806RBL02 cooktop

Customer Question

The air down draft fan of my KitchenAid KECD806RBL02 cooktop stopped working. Other functions works fine just the fan isn't working anymore.
I am wondering if you can help me to figure it out whether the motor is broken of sth else went wrong.
Thanks in advance,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Does the fan hum or do anything at all?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hey, thanks for your reply. No, nothing at all.

OK the blower motor is likely not bad the vent switch is going to be the issue. Check the wiring to the motor and if all is good replace the switch.

CLICK HERE switch

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where is the wiring from the switch to the motor?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I checked the wire which is a black one. I can't tell if it's bad or not. Both ends didn't seem to be loose.

You should see it going to the motor it goes right to the speed switch.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you are talking about to replace the knob, the blower switch?

Yes the blower switch correct!