Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

GE washer model ptwn8050m0ww; The wash starts off OK with

Customer Question

GE washer model ptwn8050m0ww; The wash starts off OK with testing the load balance and locking the lid. Then the washer keeps dispense the water in to the drain as quick as the water enters the washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The drain hose must be as high as the washer top and it must not be sealed at the end or in the pipe so far that it is in water at the P trap or it will siphon.

• Is the end of the hose routed correctly?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The drain hose is not the issue it dumps in to a sink and has been working this way for years. Are you familiar with washing machine and this GE model??
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Yes, quite familiar. Is the drain pump running as it is filling? If the pump is running as it fills, the control is faulty. If the pump is not running, it is siphoning. Those are the only two ways the water is going to drain out as it fills.