Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Aqua Pure (Cuno) water softener and I would like to

Customer Question

i have a Aqua Pure (Cuno) water softener and I would like to get the brochure on this unit. It is about 22 years old. The model #is 55640 I would like to program the timers, but i am not sure how to. I also need to know how to clean out the unit. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Do you have a picture of the unit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will send it to you tomorrow. Thanks

ok sounds good!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here is the picture of the unit. The left unit is the softener. The right is the acid neutralizer.I also sent a picture along . Thanks.

OK do you see the instructions on the timer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know how to set the time, it is the GPM I am not sure of. Also need to know how to clean out unit and check the salt draw.Is there any lit on this unit? I also have the acid tank also. Thanks. JL.

Watch this video this is not your exact unit but will help you pic the settings.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!