Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Kenmore Elite, model # 52602100. I have the ice

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite, model # 52602100. I have the ice cube maker out of the freezer at this time as it quit making ice cubes. The 1/2 inch drain tube is solid ice. The feeder tube coming into the back of the refrigerator act as if it wasn't froze inside the freezer it would pull out. What can I do to thaw the feeder tube out so I can start making ice cubes again? I don't really have no where to store my frozen food so I can't shut the freezer off. There has to be a solution to unfreezing the supply line. Thanks for any help you may have.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Use a turkey baster to squirt hot water in the tube until it is thawed. That will be a bit messy but if you place a towel under the tube or a large bowl, you can catch the water as it drips from the tube.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was hoping you could advise me on how to safely pull the tube out so I could thaw it out outside the unit. I really am not satisfied with your answer with the turkey tool. I can go back to the hair driver longer and receive the results. I really don't feel your answer is worth the other $32. Sorry for your efforts.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I am happy to tell you how to remove it. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The fill tube will need to be removed from the water inlet valve at the back of the cabinet. Once it is removed from the valve, you will have to pull the black rubber part from its mounting position in the freezer ceiling and pull the entire line out from the liner interior, it is all one assembly (see link below).