Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Getting ready to wash a load and the screen will not light

Customer Question

Getting ready to wash a load and the screen will not light up. If I push start- I do hear a click but not with any other keys. (I thought I could start the washer by knowing the screen)
We have checked the breaker and even unplugged the washer with no results. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. How long did you unplug the machine for?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Unplugged for a count of 10.
Model number:WPGT9360EOPL
Serial number: LH400098 m
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Ah, unplug it for at least 15 minutes to allow the board components to discharge and reset. Please let me know what happens after plugging back in after 15 minutes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sure!!!!!
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** posted!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
15 plus minutes and nothing. ��
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Well, that is not what we wanted! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sure!
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The main control board (the brain of the machine) is likely faulty. The clicking tells us power is there, so it is a control issue.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!