Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Just looking for the answer to dryer not stopping after

Customer Question

Just looking for the answer to dryer not stopping after cycle ends
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: yes - been doing this for a while. Even moved from Michigan to Indiana
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the controls turn off after the cycle is over. Just the drum keeps turning. Takes longer to dry than when new
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• If the control is shutting off but the drum does not, the motor's centrifugal switch has welded contacts. The motor will need to be replaced.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
samsung dryer dv5471aep/xaa
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

The video at the link below will show you how to replace it!