Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Can not start the oven. Seems no power in the upper level

Customer Question

can not start the oven. Seems no power in the upper level but there is power in the lower drawer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the model and is the clock displaying?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The model is either DO130 or DO230. Clock is not displaying

OK if you have no clock display you need to check the power to the unit more than likely you have a power issue to the unit itself on that model. Check the power at the junction box and breaker and see a wire can be burned where the wip connects to the junction box behind the unit causing that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But the oven is installed in the wall. Can't see any cables or any power resorse

Yes the whip behind the oven generally will connect to a electrical junction box in there there is a high probability a wire is burned on one leg causing the dead unit...a very high probability. You would have to remove the oven from the wall to check it out. This happens a lot as there is no device in that unit that will kill the clock so this is a power issue 99.9%

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But why the lower level has power

If that is a warming drawer that is on a different circuit.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me get some tools and take down the oven tomorrow see if I can find anything

ok sounds good

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.