Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My washing machine is showing the nd code, it's a Samsung

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. My washing machine is showing the nd code
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it's a Samsung front loader washer..........that's all I know
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it depends on what has to be done. More than likely I will not be doing the work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything. I'm willing to answer any questions you may have.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That means NO DRAIN, so either the pump is bad, blocked or the control is not powering the pump on the unit. You need to first check the pump filter which should be on the front behind the small door and make sure it is not just blocked with debri. If that is fine then you would have to listen and see if the pump is running or buzzing, if so and it is not pumping out there is a very good chance the pump has gone bad. That can be replaced but is a bit of a job to do so you have to be mechanically inclined. The part generally will run around $60-75 dollars and if you need a tech to come and put a pump in it will cost about 250-300 total for that repair.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.