Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Washer stops error code F08 & E01

Customer Question

washer stops error code F08 & E01
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

F08 E01 means that your washer isn't filling up with water fast enough. Make sure you have good water pressure to the washer from both hot and cold water. To reset the error, just leave the washer plugged in for 30 minutes and the drain pump will keep running and it will exit at the end of that time and unlock the door so you can start a new cycle.

If you have good water pressure from both hot and cold then watch the washer before the error occurs. If it stops after just a few seconds or a minute or two, then you have a bad flow meter not sensing the water properly if the washer is actually filling so you need to replace the flow meter. If water really isn't filling very fast at all, then you need a new electronic water valve which is the part that your water supply hoses from your house connect to on the back of your washer.

On the other hand, if the washer tries to fill for 6 minutes and it's not getting the water level to the bottom of the door, replace your water valve assembly because the flow is just too slow.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?