Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bosch shu9955 washer 12 yr old, partial fill then solenoid

Customer Question

Bosch shu9955 washer 12 yr old, partial fill then solenoid noise but no wash. advances to drain cycle, walls heated. I have filled the basin with two gallons to the door but it just empties. Then hear fillin, heating water, but wash motor does not engage. No water in the machine- it just seems tobypass the wash and drain.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased March 2002.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. Otherwise will uy a new Bosch, some rebates going now...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Took off kick panel, the capacitor for the wash motor is very hot. Motor not engaging. Believe its the motor...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. That solenoid you hear is the motor trying to turn over but it's seized up so it just hums for a bit. This model is known for the impeller seal kit getting a bit rusty and then the impeller locks up. You'd want to uninstall the dishwasher and remove the entire motor assembly so you can access the impeller. If it's stuck, you can break it free sometimes but it will lock up again in the future so you'd want to replace the impeller kit. If the impeller is not stuck, it may be time for a new dishwasher because you'd have to replace the entire circulation pump which which is rather expensive for a 12 year old unit. Below is a link to the impeller kit as well as a video at the bottom that shows you how to remove the pump and such so you can check to see if the impeller is locked up or not.

CLICK HERE for impeller kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.