John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

On my GE,JB640DR4CC the 12" burner the center of it don"t

Customer Question

on my GE,JB640DR4CC the 12" burner the center of it don"t heat up,the outside of the burner does ,which is controlled by a toggle switch ,right side upper above the burners. I installed a new12" element and new control block switch. still center don't heat up.,,,,ps the original one burnt out,i had to replace it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Which switch did you install?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Control block switch,the big one,the main that use too turn off and on.....not the little toggle

OK and the little burner still will not light up at all even though you have changed both burner and switch?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The the main switch only and a burner

Yes it should work fine then, you may have got a bad burner or possibly a bad switch if the center never powers up at all.