Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do i light the pilot light on a GE range model

Customer Question

how do i light the pilot light on a GE range model numberJGBP33WES2WW
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So this unit doesn't have a pilot light. It uses an electric ceramic igniter which tends to go bad after 6-8 years of normal use. It's just a maintenance part and you'll see it mounted to the back of the bake burner if you remove the floor inside your oven. Below is a link to the igniter you'll want to order and replace to resolve the issue.

CLICK HERE for igniter

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?