Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Amana APN14K-E A/C ..not blowing cold air even with

Customer Question

Amana APN14K-E A/C ..not blowing cold air even with compressor engaged?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

So the blower is not working?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
blower is good...just not cold
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
compressor kicks in and the exhaust hose is hot....but the air is not cold...I already cleaned the filter and was wondering if cooling coils could be dirty and freezing up.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also there is no water in bucket
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok...no call...so what now?

The payment failed for a phone call.

A phone call costs more to do do you want to just continue here on chat?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my card info is good.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is my text response?

Your payment keeps failing for a phone call.

Now lets just do the text route, the unit is very likely low on freon and the coils are freezing up. Based on the issue if the coils are clean this is about the only thing that could actually cause that issue. You could put a tap valve on the machine and add some freon to it or check the pressures to see if it is indeed low, but based on everything that is the issue here.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!