John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag quite 300 only the auto clean light comes

Customer Question

I have a Maytag quite 300 only the auto clean light comes on, but it's not functioning
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have a type 777-0 probably from the 90s
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'd like to if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: power to the outlet. power to the unit, but not turning on. the only light turning on if I touch it is Auto Clean which turns off after 1/2 minute or so.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the complete model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door or back edge of a console.

Did you get the model number?