Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I need to pull drum. Small nail fell out of a pocket and

Customer Question

I need to pull drum. Small nail fell out of a pocket and Thru hole in drum, and is between drum and outer shell rubbing something.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Removing the tub is a huge undertaking, I would avoid it at all costs. You will have limited access to the area between the tubs if you remove the large hose that leads from the tub to the pump. The video at the link below shows how the tub is removed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not want to talk. To complicate things, stackable units are skid back in an closet just bait bigger than units.
How would you suggest getting a nail out? Will the grey plastic ribbed nozzles inside of drum come out?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
34;Slid back" I meant and "just bairly bigger". Auto correct is helpful sometimes. Sometimes not.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Removing them will not get you any other access. You will need to take the hose off the tub bottom for the best access beyond total disassembly. Can you see with a flashlight where the nail is stuck?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not really, don't know how to get access, I can hear it rubbing.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I would not run it until you remove it or you risk damaging the plastic outer tub. The front of the machine is going to need to come off, there really is no way around it. It is going to be a pain no matter with it being installed as it is. It will need to be pulled out and the dryer removed to get the top panel off.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im pretty handy, but is This something a guy with some mechanical understanding can do, or would I be better off getting a techician here?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Honestly, given the amount of disassembly involved, unless you can get at it through the removal of the hose, I would not remove the tubs. You can remove the front panel easy enough to get the hose off but beyond that will be quite involved.