Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Just installed a range hood (model UXT5230BD/UXT5236BD). All

Customer Question

Just installed a range hood (model UXT5230BD/UXT5236BD). All completed but there is a power hum coming from the hood even when it is not on. Should there be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

No, there should be no noise. Are you certain you wired it correctly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kelly, I had never heard noises from my previous hood so thought this was not right. I'll have the wiring checked. If that's not it, I'll see if the hood has to be returned. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. Please let me know if I can help.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kelly did just fine. I still have the problem, but now know I should not be hearing any noise when the hood is "off". I know it seems common sense, but after spending wasted time trying to get answers online and the phone, I just needed to know if I had a problem. Which I now know I do!
Maureen
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thank you so much! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page.