Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Dacor PGR 30 (approx 15 yrs old). I just replaced

Customer Question

I have a Dacor PGR 30 (approx 15 yrs old). I just replaced the ERC 4800 Controller 62789 and the relay board 62438. I have 120V to the DBL (double line relay) NO side. In Bake Mode, I have 120V at the DBL (double line relay) com. The cooling fan does not run. If I jumper the cooling fan to the DBL com terminal, the cooling fan motor runs. In any of the Bake/Broil modes, I do not see voltage at the CLF terminal on the main relay board. I disconnected the cooling fan assembly and looked for an air switch/sail switch but did not see one on the cooling fan carriage. What now?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There has to be an issue with the relay board, see the attached page. What part number did you replace?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I replaced Relay Board 62438
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have the page you sent. I am hoping you can provide me with better details
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The fan will not turn on until the sensor reads about 200* F. Are you allowing heat time before checking?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The preheat temperature first displays 135 and does not rise from there. The Broil cycle works heating up the oven quite well but the cooling fan never comes on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

So the bake element is not heating?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could it be that the bake igniter failed again?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Sure, if it is not getting hot. It should draw around 3.5 amps when it is on and the burner should light in about 60 seconds or less.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If the bake igniter is broken, I take it from your last response, that the oven wont get to 200 and the CLF pin will not develop 120V. Is that correct... if so, I guess I am going to buy another bake igniter.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

That is correct. Can you see the orange glow from the vents in the oven floor?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I took the bottom oven tray out and the bake igniter is stone cold. So... I guess that is the problem.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I would agree, considering the relay board is new.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. thanks for your help. Bye
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

The universal one below is the same igniter....

Thank you so much! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
issue is not resolved. your office said that I could ask you to continue it. I replaced the bake igniter. I see 120V at the bake relay but the igniter stays cold.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Are you getting any voltage at the igniter?