Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have water leaking from the top right grate. Not the round

Customer Question

I have water leaking from the top right grate. Not the round disk in the middle of my GE space maker microwave.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maybe 8 yrs. Model GE Space maker over stove microwave.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: On a completely different issue well before the water my under microwave lights both went out at the same time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

If water is leaking from it then the only place that it could be coming from is your exhaust vent connected to the unit. If the outside vent flashing or pipe is allowing water in that would flow down the pipe and into the unit and could end up where you are seeing it. I would check the vent at the outside.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!