Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I just had my new over range microwave installed. I have

Customer Question

I just had my new over range microwave installed. I have followed all the directions to just set the clock. It seems that there are numbers or letters on the screen behind other numbers that I try to enter. I have unplugged it several times to start from scratch but that doesn't help. is there another reset button?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

There is not a reset button. It's possible your display board just came faulty and is leaking residual power to the LED's on the display which are not supposed to be illuminated or it could just be a cheaply designed board. You can call out warranty and they can look at it to see if it's normal or not, but if it's not then the display board would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?