Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Samsung Microwave Oven, Model # MEZ1F606MJT. When

Customer Question

We have a Samsung Microwave Oven, Model # MEZ1F606MJT. When we heat food and remove it, close the door, and the motor continues to run instead of stop. The only way we have been able to stop the motor is to open the door and touch the Stop Clear button at least five times. Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your microwave today. There are only 2 things that can cause the motor to keep running. One is a bad door switch (there are 3) and the other is the relay control board. Now the door switch isn't going to be your problem because you wouldn't be able to stop the motor by touching stop/clear. That means that your display control board has just failed and has a sticking relay so it will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?