Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore Waste Disposal 587.70211 leaking at bottom of

Customer Question

Kenmore Waste Disposal 587.70211 leaking at bottom of disposal, at the cover plate for electrical hookup.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. Unfortunately when water starts leaking out the bottom plate of the disposal it means that the seals inside the disposal are failing. This is not something you can fix, it's just time to get a new disposal. You can bring your old one into Home Depot and they will be able to match up a disposal which will fit in the existing plumbing under the sink.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I PURCHASED THE DISPOSAL AT SEARS TWO DAYS AGO
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Either it came faulty so you need to return it or it's leaking from the top flange area not the bottom plate. If it's leaking from the top flange area you may need to add plumbers putty to allow it to seal up better to the sink.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?