Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My power was off all nite. when it came back on, I get an

Customer Question

my power was off all nite. when it came back on, I get an alarm F5. Won't cancel. what does it mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. F5 means that you have a watchdog error. What that means is that the display board has detected an internal short inside itself. Other than trying to disconnect power for 5 minutes to see if the error will reset, if that doesn't work you would need to replace the display board to resolve this issue I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.