Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

When i flush the stool the vacuum breaker valve spits water

Customer Question

when i flush the stool the vacuum breaker valve spits water out the top when you stop the water flow
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: just installed a new stool
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: this is the last thing to completing the project
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

The vacuum breaker is bad then and will need to be changed out. The seals go bad in them and that happens.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is a new vacuum breaker valve ...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the water does not run out the top but just spits out when you let off the flush lever on the stool

Is it the right one for the unit? The same?